Thursday, August 1, 2013

ROY G BIV Polka Dot Mani

Hey all!

I hope you're all having a great week so far. Today I'm showing you a mani I did modeled off of Jen's Rainbow Polka Dot Nails on her blog Polish and Pearls. You can see hers here, where she also has a tutorial. I thought this mani was amazing for summer, and the bright colors really cheered me up since it the weather was so gloomy in Chicago for most of the day yesterday.

Anyway, here it is:


And then here is the line of rainbow colors I used (Sorry about the window being in the pic...I couldn't crop it very well and I wanted to be able to use the ledge):

For the white I used L.A. Girl Disco Ball, for the blue I used a pastel blue color from California Colors (it didn't have a name), for the green I used Essie The More The Merrier, for the yellow I used Nicole by OPI Hit The Lights  from the Selena Gomez Collection, the orange and pink were two neons from Delia's (they didn't have a name either), and for the purple I used Sinful Colors Tempest.

To do this design all I did was start out with 2 coats of white. Then on half of each of the nails I tried to do 3-4 big dots of the colors with the end of a bobby pin. Then, I used a small-pointed dotting tool to add smaller dots of the same colors. You can see a regular tutorial of this mani from Polish and Pearls linked above.

I hope you like this mani! The little kids I teach for swim lessons loved it lol.

Have a great rest of the day!

-Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Nails :)

    Wanna follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, Facebook or Twitter??

    Let me know and I will make sure to follow ya back
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! I read each and every comment and try to respond to all of them. However, please don't leave a link to your blog. If you would like me to view your blog, please email me at dreamitupnails@gmail.com

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...