I'm so glad that the weekend is finally here! After seeing the lovely purple roses Jayna did on her blog The Sequined Nail, I just HAD to do my take on purple roses. You can see her purple roses on her blog here.
Anyway, here's mine:
How I did it:
1. 2 coats of Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet
2. dab on small flower-like splotches of a light purple...to do this I used the end of a bobby pin
3. take either a toothpick or a striper nail brush (I used a toothpick for mine...I personally think that toothpicks are a little easier to control) and outline the light purple splotches with a dark purple polishes
4. take a toothpick or a striper nail brush and draw thin lines within the roses to give it more depth
5. take a either a toothpick or a striper nail brush and draw some thin lines with a green polish for the leaves of the roses.
And there you have it. If anyone wants to do a rose mani like this one with purple or another color (maybe orange or blue?) I would LOVE to see it!!
Have a great rest of the weekend!!